Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Book of doodles coming soon

I just uploaded a book (102 pages) of cartoons/doodles related to eclipses and astronomy to a web site called CreateSpace where they print on demand. That is, if you give them a little money, they will print a copy and send it to you plus they will share a bit of that money with me. Saves printing a bunch and trying to sell them door to door. The Internet is really a wonderful place. Plus only really interested people will demand a copy, that's a couple hundred at best I figure. It was all in good fun at the urging of Fred Espenak and Michael Zeiler, two eclipse chasing experts that are frequent targets of my silly doodles.

Many of the doodles have appeared in various lectures by myself and other chasers. Some were requested and others just came to me as funny ideas. At the Solar Eclipse Conference in 2014 a lot of the doodles were used to introduce the various speakers and topics. Expert eclipse chasers appreciated the humorous look at their hobby or vocation.

When the book is ready for demanding I will post a link at the main www.eclipse-chasers.com web site as well as a note here in the blog. In the mean time, get ready to get to totality in August 2017!


No comments:

Post a Comment