Friday, 24 April 2015

Multiple Solar Eclipse path display tool

I have added yet another utility that shows multiple paths. This version shows a bunch of paths with no calculator interface. That way you can show a Saros series or all your eclipse paths. I am interested in knowing if anyone else uses this utility. What features would you like me to add? Eclipse paths are color coded and you can select anywhere on the path to see what the date of the path. The utility only shows the path of total and/or annular solar eclipses.


Recent change: When you display individual eclipse chasers history as "Map only", the paths are included. Check out Glenn Schneider's map! That is a lot of eclipses.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent blog! Just discovered you through a mutual friend, Wayne. I've seen 5 totals (one was a hybrid) and one annular. Planning for 2016 in Indonesia and of course 2017 USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I will be on the ship (Volleendam) sailing from Singapore for the eclipse next March. Where will you be? Wayne is a good friend of ours at Point Village in Negril. Did you find the log to enter your eclipse observations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having real trouble with the blog...posts won't publish. (?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ternate, Indonesia. Will enter Log soon. See you in Negril one day.

    ReplyDelete